Sponsored by Eagan's Advisory Parks Commission and Friends of Patrick Eagan Park
Tuesday, March 4, 2003
Passed by a 5 to 0 vote
The Eagan City Council will:
- Direct City Staff to complete the grant application and resolution for the Minnesota DNR Natural and Scenic Areas Grant (NSAG) program on the Anderson parcel for public hearing at the March 18th 2003 City Council meeting;
- Direct City Staff to work with the Trust for Public Land (TPL) to conduct a formal appraisal on the Anderson parcel, by the necessary deadline. The Council recommends that the facts that contribute to the lack of public utilities being available to the property, at this time, be disclosed as part of the appraisal process;
- Once the appraisal is completed and a selling price is agreed upon, the City's participation will be 20% of the acquisition price, with funds coming from the City's Parks Dedication Fund.
- The remainding acquisition costs of the parcel will be acquired by partnering revenues through a combination of the sources listed below:
- Other relevant State grant programs (*);
- Pursue partnership/funding with the Dakota County Farmland and Natural Areas Land Protection program;
- Nonprofit land management and protection grants;
- Private corporation community grants.
(*) Note that a $100,000 award has been recommended by the Metro Greenways' Advisory Committee.